Taxi Transfer from Athens Airport
If you want to travel in comfort without struggling through overcrowded public means of transportation or worrying about the safety of your personal belongings, then Athens airport taxis are ideal for you! A comfortable, air-conditioned taxi will transfer you to your destination in the heart of Athens in approximately 35-40 minutes depending on the traffic levels.
Athens Airport Taxi Fares
Athens airport taxis offer a set fare for the journey from Athens Αirport to the center of Athens. Thus, during the day shift (05:00 am – 00:00 am), the taxi ride will cost you 40€/42$, while during the nighttime, the price will rise to 55€/58$.
If your final destination is beyond the city center, you should keep in mind that the base taxi fee is 1.80€/2$ and the price per kilometer 0.90€/1$. However, if you are going to travel during the night shift, although the base fee will be the same 1.80€/2$, the charge per kilometer will be 1.25€/1.40$.
Take a look at the taxi fares to the most popular destinations in Athens:
|From||To||Daytime Price||Night time Price||Duration|
|Athens Airport|| Athens City Center||40€/42$||55€/58$||40 min|
|Athens Airport||Piraeus Port||56€/60$||72€/76$||75 min|
|Athens Airport||Rafina Port||38€/40$||53€/59$||30 min|
|Athens Airport||Lavrio Port||49€/55$||60€/63$||40 min|
|Athens Airport||Larissa Train Station||40€/42$||55€/58$||35 min|
|Athens Airport||Kifissos KTEL||40€/42$||55€/58$||30 min|
We selected one of the best, most trustworthy and convenient 5-star airport taxi companies for your transfer from Athens Airport based on user reviews across various platforms such as Google, Tripadvisor and Trustpilot. Welcome Pickups offers a great experience and safety to its travelers.
- Local English-speaking drivers
- Flat, pre-paid fee
- Flight monitoring for delays
- 24/7 Customer support + free cancellation
Athens Airport Taxi Rank
The official taxi rank of El. Venizelos is located just outside the Arrivals level. Simply take Exit 3 and you will find the Athens airport taxis queuing up in front of you.
Athens Airport Taxi to Hotel
Whether your hotel lies in the Athens city center or any other area of the city, an Athens airport taxi is the ideal choice for your transfer from Athens Airport. Airport taxis are queuing up at the airport taxi rank, ready to drive you to your accommodation in comfort and ease. Thereby, you won’t have to worry about losing your way in the city’s streets or checking in late to your hotel. In any case, you should always have your accommodation’s name and address written down to avoid any miscommunication with your taxi driver.
Useful Tips about Athens Airport Taxis
- Licensed Athens taxis are yellow and have a “TAXI” sign on their rooftop.
- You should always check that the taximeter is zeroed and turned on once entering the cab.
- You are entitled to a receipt at the end of the ride.
- Please take into account that the time arriving at the destination determines if the day or the night tariff will be applied.
- Payments via bank cards are also an option, yet not always. If you want to use a credit card, you should first check with the driver.
- The luggage isn’t charged extra.
- Please always ask for a receipt at the end of your ride. This will be of great use in case of forgotten personal items inside the cab or if you want to make an official complaint about your driver.
- Persons with disabilities can be served by specially equipped taxis. In that case, an early booking is recommended.
- Tipping isn’t obligatory. Nevertheless, if the provided services were adequate, it is customary to round up the final fare.
Are there taxis at Athens Airport?
Taxis are available around the clock at Athens Airport. Therefore, whenever you land at El. Venizelos, you will easily find a cab waiting just outside the Arrivals level.
How much will a taxi be from Athens Airport to Athens?
Athens airport taxis offer predetermined fares for journeys from the airport to Athens downtown. Hence, an Athens airport taxi ride to the heart of the city lasts approximately 40 minutes and costs 40€/42$ during the day and 55€/58$ from 00:00 am to 05:00 am.
How to get a taxi at Athens Airport?
The official taxi rank is located just outside Exit 3 of the Arrivals level. However, it is always recommended to book your taxi in advance to secure the best prices and avoid waiting in line during peak hours.