Athens Airport Suburban Railway
Athens suburban railway (Proastiakos) connects Athens airport to Athens central train station and Piraeus. The Line Athens International Airport – Koropi – Athens – Piraeus will easily get you to Athens city center in just 43 minutes. Is your final destination different? You can still use the suburban trains for your transfer:
- Piraeus: The line heads to Piraeus via Larissis Station (the central Athens railway station)
- Other Greek cities – Balkans: From Larissis Station you will find available itineraries to every Greek city as well as to the Balkans
- Station Ano Liosia: You can get to the Ano Liosia station using the suburban train line.
- Kiato – Chalkida: Get the suburban railway to Kato Acharnai station and change to trains to Kiato or Chalkida.
- Metro Network: If you want to use the Athens metro network, you can disembark at Doukissis Plakentias Station and take the metro using the same ticket.
Athens Airport Train Fares
Moreover, you can also purchase the 3-day tourist ticket, at 22€, which is valid for buses, metro, tram and also includes a return ticket to Athens airport.
Athens airport suburban trains run hourly from 5:52 am to 10:50 pm.
For more info about the train timetables, please call 14511.
Athens Airport Train Station
Athens airport railway station is located at the Departures Level and is connected to the main terminal through an overpass. Just follow the signs to “Railway Station” and you will get to the suburban train platform in only 3-5 minutes.
Is there a train from Athens airport to city?
Athens International Airport is connected to Athens city center via a suburban train. The suburban railway also heads to Piraeus port as well as to the central railway station (Larissis Station) which has connections to every Greek city and the Balkans.
How much is the train from Athens airport?
The train from Athens airport to Athens city center and Piraeus costs 10€. A 3-day tourist ticket is also available which can be used for bus, metro and tram services.